CAPRICORN FOOD AND WINE
Event: Capricorn Food and Wine Festival. Hosted over Saturday 21 and 22 September, the festival showcased the region’s growing food appreciation and fine dining scene in the glorious setting of Mecure Capricorn Resort.
Show Brief: To create a relaxed event showcasing gourmet food and wine with emphasis on promoting the Capricorn region.
- The Celebrity theatre hosted chefs of international and local renown demonstrating their recipes and tips inside a 20 x 30m Hoeker Marquee. A live camera feed projected on a 3.8 x 2.2m LED Wall behind the main stage which allowed guests to get up close and personal with what was happening on the stage.
- Festival attendees enjoyed more than six hours of live music and cooking demonstrations for free and tasted their way around the Food and Wine Pavilion, a selection of 10m and Pagoda Marquees with white picket fencing to separate exhibitors.
- The resort beach was set up with a 10 x 24m marquee, and used for the Under The Stars Gala Dinner. Rather than vinyl roofs, stunning white silks and fairy lights draped the structure to create the perfect starlight setting
Result: The event was a huge success with over 2000 Central Queensland foodies attending each day. With the support of Central Queensland, The Capricorn Food and Wine Festival will become a yearly event. For more information, sponsorship and exhibitor packages, please visit www.capricornfoodandwine.com.au.
Event: 2013 Pro Am Ball
Mecure Capricorn Resort holds the Pro Am professional golf tour once a year on their international standard golf course. Stage and Audio provide marquees on the golf course during the week, with 300 plus guests wrap up the weekend at the Gala Ball.
Show Brief: This year’s challenge was to create a Carnival and Circus Theme in the resorts convention center, with entertainment from bands and special guests.
- LED Wall positioned behind the stage allowed all 400 guests to watch all the entertainment clearly.
- The width of the room meant we opted for four PA stacks spread throughout the room for even audio coverage.
- Moving and stationary lights controlled by our Vista T2 Console lit up the stage and room, with spotlights to highlight guest speakers and entertainment.
- LED Star Cloth glittered from all four walls, while candy stripe bunting draped from the roofs for the carnival theme.
Result: Stage and Audio have helped sponsor this event over the years, and have a strong relationship with Mecure Capricorn Resort. This year’s Gala Ball was received with acclamation, with guests saving the date for next year’s event.
Event: Mecure Capricorn Resort Wedding.
Show Brief: To take an empty football field and create a breathtaking setting for the celebration of the year, the wedding of Aaron and Sara Buchholz.
- A 20x15m Hoeker floored and carpeted marquee was set up on the football fields behind the dunes at Mecure Capricorn Resort.
- White picket fencing encased the lawn, with couches, dry bars and stools set up for guests to enjoy pre dinner drinks as the sun went down.
- LED star cloth draped behind the bridal table for spectacular effect. The white silked marquee roof created perfect canvas for more colourful lighting, creating an intimate and festive atmosphere.
- Multipars illuminated the palm trees and natural surrounds, while guests showed their moves to the DJ on the outdoor dance floor.
Result: The marquee and lighting were the wow factor of the wedding. Guests were impressed by every facet of this event. A truly magical celebration.
STATE OF ORIGIN
Event: State of Origin 2013, held at the Rockhampton Basketball Courts
Show Brief: To take a basketball court and turn it into the next best thing to being at the State of Origin.
- A 16 x 19ft screen hung from global truss with a 4500 lumen Sanyo PLC-XU106 projector mounted from the ceiling to give clear vision for all attendees.
- Behind the screen, black wool drapes curtained the wall and created a movie theatre feel to the room.
- 1000 watt Par64 110volt lights shone festively in blue and maroon around the room.
- Floors were carpeted with maroon and blue chairs set around 0.9 round blow moulded tables.
Result: General Manager Heath Miller was extremely happy with the event success. With almost 1000 guests attending over the three events, Rockhampton Basketball raised money to help continue their junior basketball program.